Investing In Youth Today, Improving Conditions Tomorrow
Race for Resources
EIP’s Race for Resources is a great opportunity to learn more about the early intervention and prevention services that are available in Marion County and for service providers to collaborate to improve the early intervention and prevention system for youth in our community.
Through an interactive “speed-networking” process, attendees at this annual event learn about 20 agencies that offer programs and services which address such issues as: mental health, addictions, youth & family violence prevention, teen pregnancy, and homelessness.
The 4th annual Race for Resources event was a great success! This year’s event was held on May 29, 2014 at the Garfield Park Arts Center. Thanks to all who attended. We are looking forward to next year’s event.
Highlights from the 2014 event:
• Twenty exhibitors with programs focused on early intervention and prevention of child abuse, neglect, and juvenile delinquency interacted with 58 participants overall.
• The participants were from social service, education, health, legal, and juvenile justice sectors with over all 51 agencies/programs represented.
• Surveys collected at the event indicate that participants find Race for Resources valuable and useful in their work.
Here are some examples of the feedback received:
- “Great event, we got some new connections as usual, it’s always nice to be able to spread the word about what we do!”
- “So glad to have attended this event; I learned about several agencies that I had no idea existed!”
- “There are so many agencies out there! I thought I knew of most but it’s great to hear about new ones.”
- “…it was a fun way to network.”
- “Looking forward to possible partnerships with other agencies.”
- “Developing better care coordination services for families who are not already involved in the juvenile justice system!”
- “This was a great experience. I enjoyed the set up and the opportunity to network with people who have the same interests at me.”
About Special Kids (www.aboutspecialkids.org)
Art With A Heart (www.artwithaheart.us)
Aspire Indiana (www.aspireindiana.org)
Bloom Project (www.bloomprojectinc.org)
Catholic Charities (www.archindy.org)
Damar Center (www.damar.org)
Easter Seals (www.eastersealscrossroads.org)
Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana (www.gleaners.org)
IU Student Outreach Clinic (www.iu-soc.org)
Kids Voice of Indiana (www.kidsvoicein.org)
Legacy House (www.legacy-house.org)
CB Neighborhood Alliance for Child Safety (NACS) (www.childrensbureau.org)
Pathway Resource Center (www.pathwayrci.org)
PFLAG Indiana Chapter (www.indypflag.org)
Prevail, Inc. (www.prevailinc.com)
Habitat for Humanity (www.indyhabitat.org)
Windrose Health Services (www.windrosehealth.net)
Marion County Health Department-A.C.T.I.O.N (www.mchd.com)
Thank you to our Sponsors: