Investing In Youth Today, Improving Conditions Tomorrow
Race for Resources
EIP’s Race for Resources is a great opportunity to learn more about the early intervention and prevention services that are available in Marion County and for service providers to collaborate to improve the early intervention and prevention system for youth in our community.
Through an interactive “speed-networking” process, attendees at this annual event learn about 20 agencies that offer programs and services which address such issues as: mental health, addictions, youth & family violence prevention, teen pregnancy, and homelessness.
The 5th annual Race for Resources event was a great success! This year’s event was held on April 28, 2015 at the Marten House and Lilly Conference Center. It was a great success; Thanks to everyone that attended! We look forward to another great event in 2016.
Highlights from the 2015 event:
• Twenty exhibitors with programs focused on early intervention and prevention of child abuse, neglect, and juvenile delinquency interacted with 74 participants overall.
• The participants were from social service, education, health, legal, and juvenile justice sectors with over all 56 agencies/programs represented.
• Surveys collected at the event indicate that participants find Race for Resources valuable and useful in their work.
Here are some examples of the feedback received:
- “I learned about news resources, met new agencies. These resources are helpful!”
- “I learned about programs for the youth I work with but I also learned about agencies to partner with to provide professional development for staff. Very helpful! ”
- “I plan to connect with a few a few of these folks that I did not know about.”
- “I was a first time attendee - This was an amazing event!.”
- "It is so important to share resources. Thanks for letting us be a part of it!”
- “There are many organizations doing great work within the community - Stay aware”
- “This is a very different networking event but I love the concept”
- "Great program. This is my first time and I love the format. I will be back next year!"
Boys II Men
Food 4 Souls
Health Care Education & Training, Inc.
Indiana Fatherhood Coalition
Indiana Youth Institute
Indianapolis Bar Association
Latino Coalition for Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
Neighborhood Alliance for Child Safety (Children’s Bureau)
Nurse Family Partnership
PFLAG Indiana Chapter
Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
Reach for Youth
Social Health Association
To view all of the photos from the 2015 event, visit MCCOY's Flickr page.
Thank you to our Sponsors: